Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The brain takes a sabbatical

Le Migraineuse hasn't written much lately. My boyfriend and I are having serious problems, a lot of them stemming from my migraines.

I understand his perspective -- It's hard to be the partner of someone who never knows if they're going to feel up to going out to dinner, going on bike rides, even going to the grocery store. I've left to stay at my parents' house for a while.

The silver lining is that I think I have established that stress is not a trigger for my migraines. Through several days of talking, crying, and packing up, I was pretty much migraine free. I am, however, a stress let-down migraineur -- the morning I woke up in my comfy bed in my childhood bedroom, I was throwing up within an hour.

I think my house should be a therapeutic place to stay. My dad suffers from his share of health problems, so the house is scent- and alcohol-free. We jokingly compare how many pills we take each morning. My mom is a huge believer in multiple small meals, so that should help, too.

I hope this time will be an opportunity to start healing myself and hopefully, by extension, my relationship.

No comments: